The produce yield comparison calculator will help you answer this question.
Just follow the link below and follow these simple instructions:
1. In the top box, enter your labor expense per hour that it would take to clean and process bulk produce.
2. Enter the price of the bulk produce item on the list under Case Price, then “TAB” to Pre Cut Price.
3. Enter the price of the precut produce item on the list under Pre-Cut Case Price, then “TAB” to savings.
4. Use the “TAB” key to proceed to the next product.
The calculator does the rest! It determines which is the better, more economical buy for you based upon your product and labor costs. It’s so simple to use, you’ll need to come back each time you order produce!
– If the savings per case column on the right reflects a positive dollar value, pre-cut is a better buy.
– If the savings per case reflects a negative dollar value, bulk produce is a better buy.